Even while holding indirect talks in Cairo with the Palestinians to agree on a long-term cease-fire, the zionists launched murderous attacks on the Gaza Strip today. Their duplicity and criminality know no bounds.
Tuesday August 19, 2014, 21:13 DST
The Zionist regime resumed air strikes on the besieged Gaza Strip today killing three more children bringing the total number murdered so far to 544.
The murderous assault was launched despite Palestinian and Israeli negotiators holding indirect talks in Cairo aimed at arriving at a permanent cease-fire and the lifting of Gaza’s eight-year siege that has crippled the tiny enclave and taken people virtually to the point of starvation.
Palestinian negotiators in Cairo said the zionists have introduced new demands that will surely derail the talks if they persist. The Palestinians are very clear and specific in their demands: complete halt to all attacks on Gaza and the targeted killing of Palestinian leaders, as well as the complete lifting of the siege of Gaza.
In turn, the Palestinians, especially the Islamic resistance group Hamas has offered a ten-year cease-fire.
The Zionists are demanding the disarming of Hamas, a demand the resistance group has dismissed as inconceivable. If the zionists could not achieve this objective on the battle field despite their vast superiority in weapons, why would the Palestinians agree to it in negotiations?
Since the latest Zionist onslaught was launched on Gaza on July 8, at least 2,019 Palestinians, including 544 children, 250 women and 95 elderly men have been murdered by the Zionist killing machine.
Another 10,196 have suffered injuries, some life-threatening, in the Israeli attacks. Given the lack of essential medicines in most hospitals that have also been destroyed or bombed by the zionists in their unending war crimes, many people will succumb to their injuries.
During the recent lull in fighting, many Palestinians returned to their homes to find them completely destroyed. The gruesome task of digging bodies from underneath the rubble is bound to increase the death toll.
The ill-mannered zionists also left racist graffiti as well as defecated on kitchen counters in Palestinian homes. This is their civilization!
UN Mideast envoy, Robert Serry, told the UN Security Council on Monday (August 18) that the Gaza Strip has suffered an “unprecedented amount of destruction” as a result of Israel’s offensive against the coastal enclave.
He also called for an end to the Israeli siege of Gaza, a call echoed by UN Secretary General Ban Ki moon as well as a number of other rulers around the world.
A panel appointed by the United Nations Human Rights Council is expected to start investigating the crimes committed by Israel in its war on Gaza.
The Palestinian Authority (PA) is also considering approaching the International Criminal Court (ICC) in the Hague to institute war crimes charges against Zionist rulers.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, the man most responsible for the latest aggression against Gaza, is worried that he may face such charges if the ICC takes the request seriously.
He has appealed to US lawmakers to exert pressure on the PA as well as the ICC not to proceed with the charges.